This Saturday, 9/28, is BYO's 2019-2020 retreat. At this all-day retreat, members will have the opportunity to get to know each other and the BYO team while creating musical and personal bonds that will enhance each musician’s experience for the entire season.
This year's retreat will be held at Bethel Christian Academy. The address is 4905 Appian Way, El Sobrante.
I have summarized a brief schedule of the day, below, as well as a "What to bring" checklist.
· 8:45 am - Arrival & Check-In (Main Auditorium)
· 9:00 - 10:40 - Full Rehearsal (Main Auditorium)
· 9:00 - 10:00 - Committee Meetings (Parents Only)
*Parents only need to be present at the first hour in the morning and then back for the mini concert and Potluck.
· 10:40 - 11:00 - Break
· 11:00- 12:00 pm - Sectionals
· 12:00 - 2:00 – Lunch and Kick Ball at the Field!
*Lunch will be provided by BYO.
· 2:00 – 2:15 – Snack
· 2:15 - 3:00 - Rehearsal and prep for "mini concert"
· 3:00 - 3:30 – Mini Concert (Main Auditorium)
*Friends and family are invited to hear a sampling of the musician's progress!
· 3:30 – 5:00 – Potluck
What to Bring:
Musicians: Wire Music Stand (Make sure to label with your name), music, and instrument.
Parents: Please, bring a dish to share with the BYO family at our Retreat Potluck.
If you have any additional questions, please, be sure to ask.